It’s been a quiet week this week – I wonder if everyone was out getting drunk on Russia Day? Anyway, on with the best of this week’s posts:
- Katie introduces us to Polittechno. “The name, ‘Polittechno’, comes from a compound of the words ‘political’ and ‘techno’ and consists of putting politicians’ words to techno beats.”
- Kyle and Svet head out to their village hideaway for a nice quiet weekend – then get caught up in a tornado.
- Josefina celebrates Russia day in typical linguist style – she tackles the most difficult part of Russian grammar – Aspects. “Well, it is time for a confession: the aspect system of Russian verbs is so complex that a foreigner cannot comprehend it fully and wholly EVER. Now dont let that get you down because you can learn the basics of it almost painlessly.”
- Anatoly Karlin summarises his views on Russian demography.
- Russia Blog provides a summary and assessment of the recent World Russia Forum.
- The Russian President joins the Special Forces for a day, and looks a bit geeky playing around with big guns.
- If you’re looking for a weekly roundup of news, rather than blog posts, I recommend taking a look at Patrick Armstrong’s Russian Federation Weekly Sitrep, over at Russia, Other Points of View.
Finally, courtesy of the Russian President, Gorbachev sings: