After your sage advice from last week I’ve decided that, rather than post a weekly news update (which, lets face it, you can get anywhere) I thought I’d re-start my weekly roundup of great posts from around the Russia blogs.
So, drumroll please…
The best posts from the last week or so are (in no particular order):
- Twitter Terror: Unravelling the Unrest in Moldova. In depth analysis of the recent protests by Anatoly at Sublime Oblivion. So good it got picked up by JRL and others.
- Buster from Moscow Through Brown Eyes has moved.� His new blog is Rote: Review of Things Encountered.
- Tim Newman explains economics – apparently it doesn’t depend on the Politburo setting arbitrary prices any more. (Tim, by the way, has just found a new job that will keep him in Sakhalin for another year.)
- Kendrick White of Marchmont News has republished ‘Barriers and Bureaucracy: Must it be like this?’ over at Russia Blog. It’s nice to see an up and coming news publisher reaching out to blogs like this.
- Ever since the news broke that Medvedev had fired the GRU boss, I’ve been thinking about doing a post pointing out the similarities between the GRU and Batman symbols. Annoyingly, Kyle beat me to it!
- By the way – Kyle and Svet have a great recipe for Russian Solyanka Soup that I plan to try out this weekend.
- Continuing the food theme, Vadim Nitkin reports on the Georgian opposition’s latest tactic – protest outside restaurants where Mikhail Saakashvili is eating, so the poor man never gets to eat his dinner in peace.
- Josefina profiles Ivan Alekseyevich Bunin, the forgotten Soviet Nobel Prize winner.
- In a shameless plug, my best post of the week was my guide to how you can use Twitter to connect with other people interested in Russia.� By the way – you can connect with me @siberianlight.
And, finally, let’s end with a video, courtesy of El Presidento.
Thanks for the notices! The soup is really good by the way.
Svetlana and Kyle
Svetlana´s last blog post..Russian Video: Ekaterina Maximova Forever!
I know I’m not a ‘neutral’ reader of posts like these, but nevertheless – I really enjoy them and I’ve been missing them greatly!! Keep up the good work 🙂
Josefina´s last blog post..Ten Shades of Kindness: 1.
Great work, Andy. I appreciate there’s someone willing to provide this valuable resource – good luck in keeping up! 🙂
Da Russophile´s last blog post..Preparing for the Pandemic
I really hope you keep up these weekly updates, great idea.