I was off work sick yesterday, so spent some time catching up on my blog reading. Here is my idiosyncratic pick of the past few days’ blog posts:
- Glowing Georgians and Radioactive Russians wins the ‘Best post title of the week award’.
- Copydude writes an open letter to a British tabloid journalist, accusing him of “blatant propaganda and irresponsible, scaremongering journalism”.
- A brief history of recent SCO-CSTO war games from Once Upon A Time in the West.
- The town at the end of the world looks a lot different if you live in a town on the far side of the town at the end of the world. Tim Newman posts two perspectives of Vladivostok.
- A video montage of Siberia, including some great shots of Lake Baikal and Irkutsk, the finest town in all of Russia, from Jane Keeler.
- The Foreign Policy blog reports that Dimitri Medvedev (Putin’s heir apparent, they say) “wowed” the business bigwigs at Davos.
- Mmmmm. Pelmeni.
- And finally, a small diversion. La Russophobe and The Exile are in the midst of an little public spat – largely over the size of LR’s bottom, it would seem. Warning: the bottom is illustrated.